Monday, April 14, 2014

Hello from the sticky-icky of Conyers



Hey y'all,

How are you today? Today is the first real day of the heat AND humidty here in Conyers for this year... and I'm excited :) It's an experience to be here in Georgia for the summer... can't wait for another one! Miracles are happening everywhere... and God is certainly "here and there" :)

What to share this week? I had one of the most incredible experiences of my service thus far this last Sunday.... Elder Zwick (who many of you may remember from his talk at general conference) and Elder Giddens of the 70 came and provided some leadership training for us... and it was amazing. I sat literally 2 feet away from Elder Zwick as he taught us... and I felt like he was sent there just for me. So many answers to so many prayers... it was incredible. I wish I could share the experience with each of you and how I felt in that meeting... but in the end, I'll say and ask each of you this... where is your heart? I've learned so much about the importance of ones' heart lately... and what I've come to find out is that true happiness and joy comes from COMPLETELY turning our hearts over to the Lord. Every doubt, fear, pain, etc... but also every dream, desire and good thing... as we completely align ourselves with the Lord, our hearts will become purified and sanctified and we will feel a new light in our lives. Others will see it and feel it... they'll see it in your eyes and in your actions... and they'll feel it as you reach out and love them as the Savior would. That love that you can give comes as you allow your will to become His will. There is no greater joy than this. The more willing and quickly we're able to change ourselves to align with His example... the stronger and more pure the spirit will reside with us. I'd invite each of you to kneel in prayer each night and ask the Lord "Will thou accept my best from this day? And how can improve tomorrow to better serve thee with all my heart?". As you do so, and as you commit yourself to change and to act upon those prayers... I promise that you will be filled with a new light and love that you've never felt before.

One quick experience.... a few months ago, I talked to a lady at a family dollar store as we were checking out. I simply talked with her and taught her a little about the restored gospel and then invited her to learn more. She agreed, I collected her information and later on I sent it to the missionaries serving in the area where she lived. Fast forward to Sunday at the leadership training and I'm approached by a Sister asking me if I remembered talking to a women at a family dollar store months ago... it turns out that this women accpeted the invitation to meet with the Sisters... she accpeted to be taught more about the restored gospel... and now she has accpeted to be baptized and follow the example of our Savior. She will be baptized this Saturday. I know that as we continue to reach out... and just find the one... the one who is in need... no matter where we are or what we're doing... as long as we just find the one... that's really what matters. 

There are many "ones" out there to be found that are in need... and I know the Lord has placed you where you are to help Him find them and INVITE them to come unto Him through the restored Gospel. I know that He loves you and ALL of His children... I so testify of His love... and that He lives... in His name, Jesus Christ, amen.
-
Elder Wahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment