Monday, March 25, 2013

3/25/13 - It's a short one!

Hey yall,

How's everyone doing? I hope everyone is having a blessed day today... it really is such a blessing that we're alive at this time... and to think, we all have the opportunity to not only hear the restored gospel, but we all get to live it. What a blessing!!!!

So, to start off this weeks stories... this last Monday night, I came down with a BAD fever... and I wanted to be right as rain the next day so I could best serve the Lord and his people here in Peachtree City without skipping a beat... so I went to Elder Schlesinger and asked for a blessing before going to sleep. We got the oil, got the chair, etc... Elder Schlesinger anointed the oil, sealed it and then opened the blessing... and then he closed it without saying a single word. It was strange though... right as he closed the blessing, I had this feeling of comfort that it was the exact blessing that I was suppose to have been given at that time. Then the thought came to me that the Lord needed me to learn something from this experience... so I went forward with faith that the Lord had a reason for me being sick... and lo and behold, I ended up learning and experiencing some things that I know the Lord needed me to learn and experience, even if it meant that he allowed me to be sick and struggle through a trial for a couple days. I would share the things that I learned/experienced with yall but they're very personal so I'll have to keep those withheld for now... but why am I telling you this story? One of the things that I learned through all of this is to have faith, even through trials. Miracles and blessings come AFTER our faith is tried, not before it. I know its hard to remember it during those hard times... but the miracles and blessings we receive for enduring faithfully are always more powerful, meaningful and longer lasting than the trials the Lord allows us to endure to receive them. (read Ether 12 for more haha).

I'm out of time so this is going to be a super short letter (I ended up helping someone sitting next to me for a while) but I just want yall to know that I love each of you... I love each of you and all the things you stand for. Love the Lord, have faith and keep enduring to the end. I'm praying for each of you.

Elder Wahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment