Monday, March 24, 2014


Hello y'all,

Hello and y'all... interesting combination, eh? Kinda like howdy everyone... 
How's everyone doing today? I'd love to hear back about any miracles that happened as a result of your faith and acting upon last weeks invitation!!! I'd like to share a miracle that I experienced as I prayed and seeked for an opportunity to be the Lords hands...
Speaking of interesting combinations, the Lord works in mysterious ways... doesn't He? Ok, well that's not entirely true... His ways are pure and bold and really not so mysterious... yet I feel like sometimes I see them as mysterious as I can't comprehend all of His plans and ways... but as we know, His ways and thoughts are higher than our own...

But now to the miracle...
My companion and I went to teach some of the families that we're working with from Micronesia... and a little back story about them, they're ALWAYS home. They've never missed an appointment... but anyways, we go to see them and guess what? They aren't home! We end up teaching a less-active family member of theirs that lives in the backyard out on the front porch... but while we are teaching, the next door neighbor of this family is running in and out of the house on the phone... and let me say this much, the conversation (or at least the side of it that we heard) was not one of good report nor language. Despite the could be distraction of this, we kept on teaching and preaching... long story short (if you haven't noticed, I like making long stories short) we close the lesson and begin to leave... as we drive away, I turn and see this neighbor out in the driveway of her home taking bags out of her car... as I see her doing so, I have a prompting that we should go back and ask her if she needs help... I brush the feeling aside as we were with a member of the Bishopric and I didn't want to be an annoyance... but the feeling wouldn't leave me... so just before we turn onto the main road to leave, I ask if we can go back and talk with her for a moment.... and so we do. Turns out that this women is being kicked out by her seemingly intoxicated uncle and needs to be driven to her nearby Sisters home until her husband is picked up. Initially she didn't want to have anything to do with us, but we stated that we represented the Savior and just wanted to help and as we stood there for a few moments, she finally agreed. We ended up taking her to her sisters place with all of her stuff after saying a short prayer with her to help her calm down. She thanked us and told us that "y'all were sent from God".

To close, I know that the Savior lives and that God will work miracles through us as we continue to ask for the opportunity... and the blessing to do so. The spirit will guide you to those who are in need. I gotta run but I know that God loves you and I'd invite you to continue to pray and ask for these opportunities and for the faith to act upon those promptings that will lead you to those that are in need... share the miracles too! Love y'all

-Elder Wahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment