Monday, June 2, 2014



Howdy y'all,

So I won't be long today... although I had many great things to write about this week! Wanted to share something that I've learned and have been applying more in my life lately...
First, please turn to John, chapter 3
When Christ speaks to Nicodemus, he speaks of being "born again". Nicodemus, with his apostate understanding and Earthly level of thinking, questions the Savior and says something to the extent of "Being born again?" because he doesn't understand. The Savior is at a higher level of understanding/knowledge than Nicodemus... but what does the Savior do? He comes down to the level of understanding that Nicodemus is at and through His teaching, helps him overcome the barriers that prevent him from being on the Saviors' level of understanding. He takes him from, "Being born again?" to "Being born again! Baptism!". He uplifts, encourages, inspires and raises the VISION and UNDERSTANDING of Nicodemus. We too must help others in a similar way. We must go to the level (and location) of those we teach, lead, etc... and then help them raise their faith, vision and expectations to achieve those of the Saviors' and our Father in Heaven. We are to place ourselves in THEIR shoes... help them lift and carry THEIR burdens... and we must help them to grow and become who they truly are. More examples of this can be found later on in the book of John.... the Samarian women at the well, etc. I would invite you to keep this in mind through your life and service in the various callings and positions you will receive.... and to always look to raise others up to the Saviors level as we look up and increase our faith to reach the level that God and Christ need and want us to be.

Born again!
      I
      I
      I
      I
Born again?

This is a model that can be used for many things in life... including goals. Try replacing "Born again!" with a goal you want to achieve... then replace "Born again?" with where you currently stand. Now, list the obstacles preventing us from getting to where the Savior wants and needs us to be on the left side... then list the plans/actions on the right hand side that will help us to rise up and overcome those obstacles and achieve the level that we're striving for. It's a powerful tool and a powerful way to teach, or at least I've found so myself. I promise as you do this prayerfully that you will receive power from the Heavens to help you achieve and reach what the Lord has for you. I love you! Y'all are amazing!

-Elder Wahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment