Monday, April 22, 2013

Hello from HOT-Lanta!!

Mark is not sure if he is getting transferred this week or not, so please send any letters or packages to the mission home, just to be safe.



Howdy howdy y'all,

How's everyone doing this beautiful day? I hope all is going well for y'all... anyone up to anything particularly exciting?

Alright, so to start off... I don't have much time to email today for a couple reasons... first, I have to take a survey for the MTC about being trained in the field... second, I received an email informing me that I'm going to be a District Leader and so I got a bunch of stuff to print off and read. So I'm REALLY sorry that this won't be very long or exciting... just know that I love y'all tons and wish I could write more in advance :)

So where to start? Always the hardest part of these emails... how about more random stuff? That seems like its always a good way to start when I have no idea what to start with... turns out that the Frankenstein fruit know as a Grapple (Grape and an Apple) is pretty tasty. If you ever find one... try it out. For those of you who don't know, I haven't been able to hear out of my left ear for a couple weeks now... finally got into the doc's office about it and it turns out that it was because of a blockage... so how did they get it out? With a giant syringe full of warm water that looked like something that'd be used to administer a shot to an elephant... it was pretty intense, but it worked! So now I can hear again... so that's good :) Last night I was out till 10:48... but don't worry, it was authorized! I was helping to drive the new cars over to the meeting house where transfers will take place... they had 8 cars to move and we only had 2 companionship's there moving them... so it took a while considering it was a 18 minute drive between the two buildings...

Alrighty, so lets get into some good stuff now that we got the weird stuff out of the way :) So something I wanted to share from my studies lately... has anyone else noticed how much the Lord loves the number 3? The 3 witnesses, the 3 degrees of glory, Christs ecclesiastical ministry lasted 3 years, the trinity (3), etc. etc (I could go on forever).... but you know what I realized after studying all these instances of 3's (and triangles)?? There is only ONE Savior of the world... and there is only ONE straight and narrow path to follow that will lead you to eternal life with our eternal families. Christ is literally THE ONLY WAY... there is no other way named or given.

I wanted to share that little tid-bit from my studies with the short time I have today... and I want to close with my testimony of Christ. He is in the ONLY way... and he is the one and only Savior of the world. Only through Him can we receive eternal life... and I testify to you that He wants us to follow Him and to be happy. He wants us to be an eternal family again one day. He wants to lead us there... all we have to do is reach out and grasp His hand and follow Him. He will never lead you astray... and He will never leave you. He is ALWAYS there for you... His hand is always stretched out for us to grasp and He knows exactly how to help you because He's experienced exactly what you're going through. Through Him, all can be healed. All can be forgiven. All burdens can be made light and lifted from us.

I'd invite all of you to really take the time to ponder and pray about your relationship with Christ... Have you ever asked if He really is out there? If He really does know you and know of your situation? Even if you have in the past... have you done so lately? It might be something to try out... but just know that I know that He is out there... and He does know you... and He does love you.

I love you all so much... you're all such amazing people and I pray that everything is going well for y'all. I'll write a longer email next week... I promise! Just keep doing the right things and loving Christ.... it will all work out in the end if you follow Him in faith. God loves you, Christ loves you and I love you.

-Elder Wahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment