Monday, August 26, 2013


Hey y'all,
How's everyone doing??? Today is an exciting day... we found out that we're getting 50 new missionaries here in the mission and that the Atlanta West zone is getting an additional 13 amazing missionaries (If I remember correctly haha). The work is truly accelerating forward... 

He is coming. Soon. So much sooner than we can possibly realize. Maybe some of you can see it... but most importantly you can feel it. Amazing things are happening... and just like Elder Bednar said... there is no more greater time than this. You all were chosen and planned to be here at this time to help prepare the way for the Lord... and He is coming! How amazing will that be? Can you imagine the day when we can embrace our brother and Savior and or Father in Heaven? Incredible.

Today I just wanted to share a brief experience I was so blessed to have... this week I was truly humbled as one of the investigators the mighty Sister missionaries here in Atlanta worked with asked me to confirm her a member of the church and help her recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost. I was nervous... no lie! But as I was able to pronounce the prayer... I felt such a calm come over me. I really don't know or remember what I said... but I know that what I felt was truth. I don't know if what I just said made any sense to any of you... but I can testify and promise to every one who reads this... and anyone and everyone who will listen (and those who won't!) that this is the true church of Jesus Christ restored here on the Earth. 

I was able to go to the Ebenezar Baptist church today... the one that Martin Luther King Jr. preached at... and it was amazing... yet there was something so vital and important missing. It didn't have the feeling that the churches of the restored church of Jesus Christ (of latter-day saints) has.... it just wasn't the same. The stain glass windows, the beautiful flower arrangements, etc... it looked amazing, but it didn't feel like it does when we step into our churches. I promise you... that this is the true church. That God and Christ are so much closer than we can imagine. They are right here with us... and we can feel of their love and peace and comfort as we go to church each and every week. We're so blessed to have that in our lives. Never miss an opportunity to go to church... even if you feel unworthy to be there... you're always welcomed to come and be a part of the family of Christ. We love you. He loves you... He wants you there.

One last note... just know that all trials are a good thing. They are opportunities to grow. Even at the times when you just have to sit down and cry and ask yourself "What is to be done? I don't know how to do this!!!" Trust me... its all part of the plan. God will guide you and help you in coming to know what to do to overcome those trials. He will help you to learn and to grow in the way that He needs you to... and the way that will help you be the happiest. Nephi didn't know how to build the ship... but the Lord helped him do so cause it was His will. He will help you!
I love you all so much! Have a blessed day!
-
Elder Wahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment