Monday, September 30, 2013

Hello from the perfect day here in Atlanta!


Hey y'all,

It's the most beautiful day here in Atlanta... and I know most of you are probably a bit coldish now... but just know that the world, no matter what kind of weather is going on around you... is always beautiful and a true testament of the existence of our Heavenly Father and His son, our Savior, Jesus Christ... they blessed us with this beautiful world to live in... to be together with families.... to learn and to grow... to become more like them... how lucky are we??? Amazing.

Short story this week... We went to teach an investigator last night who we've been meeting with every night for the past couple weeks... he suffers from bi-polar and schizophrenia... and he is AMAZING.

 I love him to death... as we started our lesson, he suddenly blurted out... "I just don't know if God or Jesus Christ is real!!".... we asked him a few questions about how he was feeling, and we talked a little bit about how he can come to know that they are real for himself... but then he turned and looked me in the eyes and asked me "How do you know that Jesus is real?" I took a moment and was about to answer when I thought, how do I know that Christ is real??? 

In that moment, I realized something very important... I had always just assumed and somewhat taken for granted the fact that God is real... that He really is our LOVING Heavenly Father... and that His only begotten son, Jesus Christ.... did indeed live... and died for us... and rose again. That they both really truly exist and live today... and that they both truly do not only love me but love everyone here. I've always "known" that... but I had never truly come to know that for myself by praying and asking for that vital truth to be confirmed to me...
At the time that question was posed to me... I wasn't sure how to answer... but I did my best to... 

but I can now tell you without a shred of doubt in my heart these things... I know and testify with the energy of my soul and every fiber of my being that God is our LOVING Heavenly Father... He loves EVERYONE. I know and testify that Jesus is the Christ... that He died for us and took our sins upon himself because He loves our Heavenly Father and He LOVES us... I know that through the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we can and always will feel of their love... I know that they are ALWAYS there for us.... and I know that as each of you kneel down and sincerely seek out a confirmation of those truths, and any others you stand in need of... I know that they will answer your prayer and you will feel of their eternal love for you. I invite each of you to do so... even if you already know...I invite all of you to kneel and ask God if He and His son are real... and if they really do love you. I promise you that they do. I love you. We will ALWAYS love you. You're amazing. Have a blessed day!

-Elder Wahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment