Monday, April 7, 2014

Hello from rainy Conyers!

Howdy y'all,

How are you doing today? It always seem to be stormy after conference... I'm pretty convinced that no matter where I go in the world, if conference is ending then it's going to storm! It's raining and there's been a few flashes of thunder and lightning (which I always enjoy) but it's a beautiful day. Hopefully y'all enjoyed conference as much (if not more) than I did!

So what to talk about? It's always so funny... I always have so many things to say and experiences to share but in the end, my mind goes blank and I'm forced to just start typing... hoping that whatever comes out makes some sort of sense.

I just want to testify of the importance of being a friend. There are many experiences in my life that could testify to this... but one that I want to share very briefly is of the experience one of our investigators had when they came to church. Rewind things back to about two weeks ago... and my companion and I are just walking into to teach an appointment when we half casually and perhaps even jokingly call out to a women who is just getting into her car "Hey, how are you? Do you go to church? You should come to ours! It's literally just down the street... Sunday at 9:00 am! Will you come with us this Sunday??" She politely declined, but we invited her again with some more smiles and waves and laughs... she finally responded with a half-hearted "ok, one day I'll come". Fast forward one week and lo and behold... the women walks into sacrament meeting and sits down by herself in the row in front of us. Completely shocked, my companion and don't even realize who she is for several minutes... but once we do... well, lets just say we smiled for some time :)

 Long story short though... this lady was swarmed by some of the members of the ward... and they welcomed her in as a good friend. She loved the experience so much that the next time we met with her she told us that this is the church she wanted her and her family to join. 

Now, keep in mind... this was without any knowledge of the Book of Mormon, the restoration, etc... she simply felt the love and friendship of those saints who reached out to her at church and that was enough to her. What a powerful and great opportunity we have to be friends to others... to be the Lords hands... to help others feel of His love. I promise that as each of you reach out in friendship and love towards others... and INVITE them to come and experience the joy that we have and know... I promise that not only their lives will change for the best, but so shall yours. I testify that the Savior lives and this is His work. I love you! 

Will each of you pray to find someone who needs a friend this week?

-Elder Wahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment