Monday, July 8, 2013

Hello from downtown!!!‏

Hello y'all,

I love you all so much. Y'all are amazing. Always remember that. How y'all doing????

So... what to talk about today... I've learned A LOT this week. Crazy story though... in the ATL Ward where I serve... I'm telling you, its the most unique ward on Earth. It one moment, the whole class was talking about how judgement will be a self-judgement... with nearly everyone singing and shouting out praises like "Amen sister!" "That's what I'm talking about! Ya! That's what I'm talking about!", etc. while someone was eating a breakfast wrap from McDonalds and a baby girl was playing with a pink colored tazer from her Moms purse (don't worry, she took it away after she noticed)... and this was a class being taught by a missionary. I dunno... that doesn't do the whole situation or experience justice... but wow... only in the wonderful and amazing Atlanta ward! I love it! Always a unique and crazy amazing experience each Sunday!

Just a few things... well, maybe only a couple cause I'm short on time... but I'll see how far I can go. Lose yourself in the love and service of others. Love heals all things. I testify to each and every one of you that y'all are loved so much... there is so much love for you in this world and on the other side. There is so many people pulling for you and cheering you on... please, never give up. Keep going. You always have help. You always have someone there to love you... and please, always love EVERYONE around you. There is so many people out there that just need to feel even just the smallest portion of love. I promise and testify to you as well that as you lose yourself in the service of others that you will find yourself... your true self. Pray to have charity towards all and then go out there and love everyone. You'll change the world around you... you'll change those around you.... and you'll change yourself.

One other thing really quick... be obedient so that the Holy Ghost can always be with you. Don't do it for yourself though... do it for the benefit of those around you. You each have amazing spiritual gifts that our Heavenly Father has given you... and as the Holy Ghost is with you... and works through you... you'll be able to maximize those gifts for the betterment of all those around you. Be obedient. Do the small and simple things.

Only 30 seconds left! I love you all. Sorry this was short and crazy!

-Elder Wahlen 

No comments:

Post a Comment