Friday, July 19, 2013

Hello One & All From the ATL!!!

Hey y'all,

Y'all are amazing. I love each and every one of you. How are y'all doing this wonderful and amazing day?? Could y'all do something for me? Just take a moment and look outside... how beautiful and amazing is that? How incredible is this world around us? We're so blessed to be here!

Alright, so I have an experience to share from this morning... myself, my companion (Elder Vargas) and two other Elders took a field trip to a place called Stone Mountain this morning for a hike. It's not really a mountain... its more like one massive granite rock... but in a place where the land is flat and you can't see more than a few hundred yards away from you because of buildings or tree's... well, we'll let them call it a mountain... bless their hearts ;) But anyways.... we went and hiked this mountain this morning... and I feel like I learned a lot from that hourish long experience... but one thing I wanted to share is what I saw at the top of this mountain. When we reached the summit, there was hardly any trees or vegetation covering the top. Now, keep in mind.... this mountain literally is a giant mass of granite stone. There wasn't much that could grow on there down around the bottom to begin with.... there was however a few, gnarled and withered looking trees up at the top. I went over and examined these trees... and I couldn't help but notice just how old, worn out and beat they looked. To add to this visual, there was a strong wind blowing and a heavy fog this morning as we hiked and reached the top... it was no wonder that these tree's looked beaten and old... they're completely left out in the open to face the winds, wet and blasting sun.... but you know what? They were still there... old and worn they may have looked, but upon closer examination, I could see that they were incredibly strong trees... and not just the trunks, branches, etc... but the roots! The roots had burried themselves deep into the granite rock to hold these trees strong. Now... there are MANY parables/analogies/etc. that I came up with in my head for these trees... but the one I'll share is simple. We are the trees.... we go through many hard things in life... many storms, many rains, many winds, many hot days, etc... but as we keep ourselves deeply rooted in the rock of life... as we root ourselves to Jesus Christ and His gospel.... we will not only surive but we will be strengthened by all the trials we face... and we will be able to endure all things. I testify to you that Jesus Christ is our Savior. He is the way to eternal life and eternal happiness... He is the rock that we can... and must all stand upon and stay firmly rooted to. Always follow Him... always love Him... always love and serve others. I love each of you so much... you're all so amazing. Have a wonderful and blessed day! (I'll include pics next time... forgot my camera today.... sorry!)

-Elder Wahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment