Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day! 5/13/2013

Howdy y'all,
 
How's everyone doing this week?!?!? I hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed Mothers Day...!!! Especially the beautiful daughter of God out there... both current mom's and future ones! I love y'all so much! Thank you for all that you do!
 
So where to start? How about talking about some mom's here in the field. Sister Beckwith (the mission mental health doctor) told me that she'd have me for a son if there was ever the chance... so watch out mom! (just kidding mom, I'm not going anywhere! Not gonna leave the greatest mom in the world... even if it would be for Sister Beckwith). Was able to meet with a lot of older ladies in the ward I'm currently serving in before making my call home... they all told me how much they loved us and they made sure we got the "mom" treatment on this mothers day. We fended off the hugs but there was a lot of hand-shakes and tears.
 
So... some quick stories. I was able to leave a blessing through prayer with a Baptist preacher... that was a fun and interesting experience! Also went on exchanges for the first time when I was the one leaving my area... that was crazy! I learned a lot of great things though... one of which being that the Zone Leaders have much nicer apartments than us grunts hahaha. It was good though... was able to eat some AWESOME Japanese curry at a dinner appointment while I was out.
 
So... for my spiritual story for the week... I guess I'll relay this story to y'all. Long story short... some of the Sisters in my District were in need of a blessing. We met them at the home of a less active member who we had dinner with that night... my companion and I were able to pronounce the blessings for them... and wow! Let me tell y'all something... there is real power behind each and every prayer you say. I know without a doubt that all the prayers you've said have been heard and that the Lord sends angels to watch over those that are in need. During the blessing, it was so clear to me that angels were there with these Sisters... the prayers that each and everyone of you say... whether they be for someone else or for yourself or just to say thank you to the Lord and our Heavenly Father.... I KNOW without a doubt that they are heard and that real action is taken in the Heavens and on the other side of the veil to help. I know angels are there for all of you... and I know that angels go with you from the temple. Please, never be afraid to pray. Especially to ask for help. Our Heavenly Father wants you to ask for help! He wants to hear from you! And I know that the Savior wants to help you... He didn't die on the cross and take our sins and sufferings upoin himself so you could suffer, feel lonely, etc. in this life... He did it because HE LOVES YOU and He can take those things from you and help you to overcome ANY obstacle in life. Asking for help isn't bothering him... its actually the opposite. Remember this.... Christ himself set the example for us all by praying for help before taking all of our afflictions upon himself in the garden... even the Son of God, the perfect being that He is... even He prayed and asked for help in his time of need. Follow His example... pray and ask for help. Do so often. I promise you... no matter what obstacles you're facing in life... you will recieve help.
 
I know the Savior lives. I know He's there for each and every one of you. I know that He carries us when we can't keep going forward and that angels walk with each of us every day. There is REAL help for you... there is real angels around you. Don't fear... have faith and keep moving forward! I'm praying for y'all.
 
I love y'all so much... and happy mothers day again to everyone!
 
-Elder Wahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment