Monday, May 20, 2013

Hello One and All


Howdy y'all,

How is everyone? Doing good I hope!

Couple quick stories... met a man named Sonny... he's been married for 56 years!!!! Holy smokes... he's the most awesome guy ever... can only hope we all have a marriage like his... but I'm so blessed to know that it doesn't have to be just for 56 years or even 80+... it can be forever! I hope y'all remember that :) Good way to curb snackage pains? Stick a piece of raw spagehtti (spell check? haha) in your mouth like a piece of straw to chew on. Works GREAT. Ran into a lady the other day who almost called the cops on us for parking in a trailer park... she ended up calling the police off after she figured out who we were... then she sat there for 10 minutes telling us how awesome we are... we're certainly not awesome, we're just lucky to be here... but she wanted me to tell my Mom that she loves us and that we're doing a great work... so there you go Mom! Sorry I forgot to mention that in my email to you!

SO... I have a few good stories this week but I only have time for one... soooo... I'll go with this instead :)
Have you y'all ever looked up "miracles" in the Bible Dictionary? If you haven't... I'd invite y'all to do so. After you do so, write a paragraph about what you believe miracles to be. Wanna hear some of my thoughts? Well, here are some if you want to or not :) Miracles are natural occurances that are divine and Heavenly in nature... they're not unexpected, unplanned or abnormal... they are literally normality in Heaven. We're allowed to witness this "normality" of Heaven when we have faith... so there you go, back to faith again :) Miracles will and do happen in your lives... just keeping having faith and keep looking for them and I promise that the Lord will work (or show you/allow you to see) miracles in your life. Also, since miracles are naturally occuring when the pressence of something Heavenly is there... if you have the Spirit with you... miracles will inheirtantly happen all around you. The Spirit will naturally and automatically cause miracles to occur... almost as if you and the Spirit were a boat going through the water and the wake that it creates is the natural occurance of miracles that follow. Pretty neat, eh?

One such miracle story I'll share... we had scheduled to go on a team-up to an investigators house... our ride was SUPER late so we're sitting at our apartment waiting. I turned to Elder Welch and sad "I'm not just gonna sit here... lets go find someone who needs this message!" So we got up and went to meet our neighbors... long story short, we meet a lady two houses up the road who is looking for a church and was actually researching the LDS faith... not only that, but her sister had died the year earlier and she wanted to know if she could/would ever see her again. It was an awesome experience to say the least.

I know this is kinda a short one this week and I didn't say too much or anything too pro-found... but I just wanna close by saying that each and every one of you will see miracles in your lives, and in the lives of those around you as you continue to do those things that will enable you to have the Spirit and the pressence of the Lord will you at all times. Through yuor faith, miracles will happen. You will be that source of naturally occuring miracles... but not only that, I know that each and every one of you is a miracle. You're divine and Heavenly by nature... you're a child of God! You are literally a miracle... and y'all are amazing. I love you all sooooo much! I hope everyone is doing good and just remember... through faith, prayer and doing your best... you can and will do all things possible. Miracles will happen! They are happening! I promise. I love you, the Lord loves you and God loves you. Sing "I'm a Child of God" for me today and have a blessed day :)

-Elder Wahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment