Monday, May 6, 2013

Hello from still the rainy Douglasville of Georgia! 5/6/13

Hey y'all,
 
How's everyone doing? Hopefully REALLY good... you're all amazing. Did you know that? Each and every one of you... and I love y'all too. Just thought you should know :) Also, I prayed for you today. Yup... so you got AT LEAST 1 prayers worth of blessings heading your way ;)
 
So to start off I wanna ask for some help... does anyone out there have any creative ideas for what we could do with a family for FHE? Especially if we're bringing someone along who's never been a part of one before... something short, fun and spritual... any ideas?
 
So a few updates on things... had my first district meeting. That was fun! Slightly stressful, but fun. This district is amazing... there's 2 companionships of Sisters and the Elders are the Zone Leaders... they're gone most of the time doing Zone stuff so its practically my companion and I and the Sisters... kinda strange but they're awesome. The one companionship had a rough go this week... got sick and then their apartment smelled like gas one night when they came home... but they're still out there working! If anyone ever talks bad about sister missionaries.... just give them a love smack from me. They're POWERFUL!!! Also had my first baptismal interview as a District Leader... that was a neat experience. It was interesting... just like when I pronounced the baptism prayer for Sister Bordley, when I did the interview, it didn't feel like it was me talking... very strange and powerful experience. Also went on splits for the first time... that was WEIRD!!!
 
So a couple things I wanna talk about today... first, lets talk about what it means to "preside". What do y'all think it means to preside??? Any ideas, thoughts, comments... funny jokes? Well, I learned that to preside = to be responsible for the outcome. Sorry ladies, this is gonna be for the guys out there this week... don't worry, I'm including some stuff in there for you too though :) So guys... as priesthood holders in the church, we're called to preside. We're responsible for the outcome of the work where we are... especially amongst our own families. For you Fathers out there... you're responsible for the outcome of your family. You will have to stand before the Lord one day and take responsibility as to how well you led your family back to our loving Heavenly Father... and as we've been told, there is NO greater work to be done than in the walls of our homes. The Lord trusts you to lead the family... to keep them safe... to do as the Savior would amongst your most loved ones. It's so important to keep that in mind as we go forth in life... there is no room to "kinda" follow the commandments... we HAVE to be right on the mark when leading our families through this life. But not only does this apply to the current fathers out there right now... but for those of us who are preparing for future families... wow! We have got to prepare ourselves EVERY day! Our families don't just deserve a warrior and servent of the Lord to protect and lead them... they NEED to have that. The Lord NEEDS to have you be prepared to lead and guide them along this straight and narrow path as the sands on either side wash away more rapidly.
 
Now, something else I want to make note of... Women... you're so special and amazing. I hope you all know that. I can't express enough through this email how incredible each and every one of you are... and men, please always keep that in mind. As mother days comes up... please, show and express your love and respect to not only your Mothers... but to every beautiful daughter of God out there in the world. Each and every one of them is SO special. We (men) are nothing without them and we're nothing in comparison to them... they deserve not only our love, respect and care... but they deserve that each and every one of us is a worthy, well prepared and willing priesthood holder. Please, always strive for that... always keep in mind the power and special spirit that is there between a man and a women... and please, always respect that. Especially in your famlies. Father or future father... no difference.
 
I wish I had more time to talk about this... but just know that I love you all and that I have such a strong testimony of eternal families... family isn't just important... family is everything! Center your family on the Lord... whether that be the family you have now, or the family you'll have in the near future... center it on the Lord and build it upon the only firm foundation in the world today which is His gospel. I love you all so much... you're all part of my family and I pray that you're all doing well... sorry if this email is a little all over the place... got a lot on my mind today! But I love you all SO much!! You're all so special to me.
 
-Elder Wahlen
 
-PS: Congrats Ruby Jane!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment