Tuesday, December 24, 2013

It's finally here!


Howdy y'all,

Merry, merry, merry Christmas!!! Wow!! Can you believe it's here???? What a wonderful time of the year.... is there any better time???? I love this time of year... expecially here in Atlanta! The people are so loving and so amazing... God is in this city!
So... I've experienced so many things the past couple weeks... I honestly don't know where to begin...
I was planning on sharing an experience with y'all... but I feel prompted to save that for the call with the family... perhaps they'll be able to fill you in on that one at a later time... but I do feel that I should share something that I've come to learn recently (yes, next time I promise to share a story/experience!)

So I've learned something really profoud lately... or more so, I've truly understood it and applied it in my life for the first time lately.... and that is the truth that the Atonement is indiviualized. Christ suffered and died for each of us as an individual... He didn't just suffer a general suffering for everynoe... He suffered the exact things that you have, currently are and will ever suffer. He knows EXACTLY what YOU are going through.... and He knows exactly how to help you. Yes, there is only ONE WAY to be happy and to return to live with our Heavenly Father... and that is through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ... but the way we get there... the journey that we take... the experiences we have... and the way that Christ helps us to get there is completely unique to each of us. 

Along with this truth I've learned that Christ and the Atonement are ALWAYS there for us... we don't nead a certain level of good deads, making right decisions, etc... and then we max out or peak and then Christ and the Atonement make up the difference... no! He and the the Atonement are always there for us... through everything! At every moment of the day... forever! 

It's not the light at the end of the tunnel, He and the Atonement is the light that gets us through the tunnel.... and we can and should rely on this each and every day of our lives. That's why we celebrate Christmas... that's why we have Christmas tree's... to represent the one He was hung on for us... that's why we put lights on the tree... to remember the crown of thorns He wore for us... that's why we put gifts under the tree and ornaments upon it... to show our love for Him and the families that He has allowed to have... and that we will have forever. I invite each of you to remember this on Christmas day... and every day of your life moving forward.

 I love you! Pray and ask for His help... He is there for you!

-Elder Wahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment