Monday, February 3, 2014

Hello everyone from the recently defrosted Conyers!!!



Hello everyone!

How's your day going? What have you learned this week? Will each of you act on the next impression or thought that comes into your mind that prompts you to do something good or to help someone? Did you know that ALL good things come from God? Think about that for a while.... :)

So... here's a short experience. The other day, my companion and I were driving around trying to see some of the part-member families here in the ward... we weren't having much success to say the least... and I was trying to keep my focus else where other than on my head cold that I had caught during the once in a mission event of a Georgia snow storm... and we thought about ditching are plans to keep on trying to contact these families... but we kept on keeping on!

 We rolled on up to the next home and parked outside... as we looked to the home, we saw a tatooed and somewhat rough looking man sitting on a lawn chair in front of the house... smoking away at a pack of cigarettes. My companion remarked at the sight "Oh look, he's got his cigarettes going to look tough for the missionaries". We decided to pray before exiting the car...

We got out of the car and started to walk towards the man and introduced ourselves with a smile. The man replied as he sucked on his cig "Funny thing... I was just thinking how nice it would be to have someone to talk to. Do y'all want to sit down?"
Long story short... we accepted the invitation to sit down and talk. Well, we mostly listened, but we did do some talking along the way... the man had recently had a close friend pass away and was having troubles in many other aspects of life... his wife (who is a less active member) joined us later on and shared her feelings of pain, sorrow and sadness in addition to her husbands. We taught and testified of the Atonement of Christ and the healing power that it has in each of our lives.. we taught and testified of the Plan of Salvation and of the restoration of the gospel... tears filled the eyes of the wife as she remarked, "Thank you. I know it's true. Thank you so much".

We're now planning on seeing them again and we're excited to begin a journey with them that will lead to healing and joy.
So what is there to be learned? I'm not sure... I've learned many things from this experience but I'm sure each of you can learn something different... but my hope is that each of you will always remember to continue forward in life in prayer... and with hope... and with a desire to help EVERYONE. Love everyone... and invite all to come unto Christ.

 He will use you to answer the prayers of others if we are willing and ask him where to go, what to do and what to say. He is the only one who can truly heal each of us... and I testify of that truth in the name of Jesus Christ.

 I love each of you. You're amazing. Remember who you are. God loves you, Christ loves you and I love you... and we always will :) Have a blessed day!

-Elder Wahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment